The hall which serves the communities of Llanfrynach and Cantref is an attractive, traditional red brick, slate roofed building with a touch of Arts and Crafts style. It was built in 1912 under a large oak tree on what would then have been the edge of Llanfrynach village. It was paid for by the Brecon Beacons commoners, with money given to them by Merthyr Tydfil District Council, in payment for the loss of grazing land when the Upper Neuadd Reservoir was built.
The Hall is a registered charity (no. 1147610), run by trustees and an informal committee of anyone from the two communities who wishes to be involved. It has recently been modernised and freshly painted, and has a kitchen, oil-fired central heating radiators and new toilets accessible to disabled people.
The Hall may be hired by individuals, groups and organisations.
Costs are £60 per day; £30 per half day/evening.
Local people and organisations pay £30 per day; £15 per half day/evening.
For further information or bookings, contact the Caretaker, Mrs Jackie Williams on 01874 665357 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Annual Report can be read here: 2017 annual report
The treasurers report and financials: 2017 Llanfrynach & Cantref Community Hall Financial Report
An Annual General meeting was held on the 18th May minutes(2017)
May Ordinary minutes(2017)